This healthy frozen pumpkin pie smoothie tastes just like a slice of Thanksgiving Day pumpkin pie in a glass. This frozen smoothie is loaded with fiber, vitamin A and potassium and is low in calories and fat. Try this awesome thick and creamy pumpkin pie smoothie as a holiday treat.
- 1 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, frozen
- 1/4 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 frozen ripe banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Whipped cream and cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
- Mix together the milk, oats, and chia seeds in a bowl. Cover and place bowl in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours until oats and chia seeds have soaked up most of the milk.
- Place soaked oat mixture with pumpkin, molasses, maple syrup, frozen banana, and spices into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add 5 ice cubes and continue blending until ice cold.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of ground cinnamon on top (optional)
Yields 2 Servings
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie (lizziefit.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Coconut Paleo Smoothie Recipe (confessionsofanover-workedmom.com)
- Pumpkin Green Smoothie (veganmartha.wordpress.com)