What is the warmest memory of winter from your youth? Mine is savoring a nice hot cup of cocoa after a long day of sledding, shoveling the driveway or going to the Christmas tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. All those wonderful winter memories are tied to the taste of hot cocoa.
One delectable gift to present any time of the year is the gift of an exceptional cup of hot cocoa. It could be a personally crafted mug of hot cocoa given with a good book to make the experience special, or it could be part of a gift basket that includes all of the ingredients to create a paramount cup of hot cocoa.
Giving homemade hot cocoa is a simple and cheerful holiday gift. Kids and adults alike love receiving a delectable hot cup of cocoa on cold wintery days. Just think how that special teacher or babysitter would take great pleasure in a mug of hot cocoa while relaxing with a good book to read during Christmas break?
Gifting an outstanding cup of hot cocoa is about producing and providing an ambiance to take pleasure in on those cold winter days.
Continue reading to discover how you can craft the best mug of hot cocoa to offer as a holiday gift, or to arrange your own hot cocoa gift basket to present to that special someone in your life.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3/4 cups powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
Creating the Mix
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix until evenly combined
- Scoop hot cocoa mix into an airtight container or jar
- Add a bow and a nice card along with the directions below
- Store in a cool, dry place
Making the Perfect Mug of Hot Cocoa
- Fill a mug with ¼ cup hot cocoa mix
- Add ½ cup boiling water or warm milk to the mug
- Stir to combine
- Add a peppermint stick, whipped cream, marshmellows or a cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- Store the remaining hot cocoa mix in an airtight container
Makes 4 Sevings
- Make Hot Cocoa Gift Cone Bags…with your clothes iron! (pegsgottado.wordpress.com)
- Fall Favorite – Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa (withjustabitofmagic.com)
- 16 Ways To Enhance Your Instant Hot Cocoa (buzzfeed.com)